Summer English Seminar of Intellectual Property by IP Graduate School Union
in Tokyo. "Future of Intellectual Property in Asia"
- Under the auspices of JAUIP. In cooperation with WIPO, JIPA, IPAJ. -
In 2012, a nonprofit educational organization, the Japan Association of
Universities for Intellectual Property Education and Research (JAUIP),
has organized a first summer English seminar for IP studies in Japan. This
seminar was intended for students from Asia or emerging countries who were
interested in studying intellectual property in English.
This year, the JAUIP plans to organize a likewise seminar for the period from August 26 through August 30 in Tokyo. There is another intensive seminar IP course in Osaka to be sponsored by Osaka Institute of Technology (OIT) from September 2 through September 6. The Osakaround seminar accepts students from the OIT allied and non-allied universities (non-allied students need to enroll from June 24 through July 6, 2013※),while the Tokyo-round seminar is open for students from overseas or foreign students studying in Japan.
This year’s JAUIP summer seminar is going to provide more sophisticated IP-oriented program than that in last year with supports from IP-friendly organizations such as the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the Intellectual Property Association of Japan (IPAJ) and the Japan Intellectual Property Association (JIPA). The program comprises basic lectures and advanced lectures, which will be featured with group discussions. The program will be highlighted with the visits to and tours of the Intellectual Property High Court and the Japan Patent Office.
|Tokyo seminar's Information
|■Date Augusut 26 to 30, 2013
■Place Tokyo University of Science, Morito Memorial Hall
(4-2-2, Kagurazaka, shinjyuku-ku, Tokyo)
3,000 yen for students
20,000 yen for non-students
Tokyo University of Science Prof. Jinzo Fujino
Nihon University Prof. Hiroshi Kato
Mail address： email@example.com
1. Registration & Guidance
2. “International Debates on Intellectual Property”
- What’s happening in the International Arena? -
3. Panel Discussion
“Future direction of International Intellectual Property System”
- How is International Intellectual Property System going to be changed in the future? -
1. “Patent Law”
- How does the Japanese Patent Law contribute to the industrial development? -
2. “Design Law”
- Enhanced implications on IP strategy -
3. “Trademark Law and Unfair Competition Prevention Law”
- Registered Trademarks VS. Unregistered Trademarks -
4. “Copyright Law”
- News from Japan’s Copyright World in 2013 -
1. “Intellectual property policy”
- How has the Japanese intellectual property policy influenced on the Japanese society? -
2. “Introduction of patent licensing and patent pools”
- No IP management, No future of company? -
3. “Globalization of Japanese Industry and IP system in ASIA (1)”
4. “Globalization of Japanese Industry and IP system in ASIA (2)”
1. “Quo Vadis, the Japanese Electronics Industry?”
- How did it learn from the U.S. pro-patent strategies? -
2. “Intellectual Property Formulation”
- Do you really understand “strategy formulation process”? -
3. “Patent, Industry Standard and Anti-Monopoly Law”
- Required harmonization in ICT business -
4. Group Work
1. Visit to Intellectual Property High Court
2. Visit to Japan Patent Office
|Brochure of Summer-seminar-2013|
To register for the Tokyo Summer Intensive Seminar, please e-mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) to submit a completed registration form until 10 July, 2013.
Submission of a completed registration form before 31 July, 2013 does not guarantee enrollment in the seminar as preference will be given to foreign attendees. We also reserve the right to limit the number of attendees within 40. In July, 2013, we will notify you of your registration confirmation.
We will ask for tuition payment on the first day of the seminar.
For more information about the Tokyo Summer Intensive Seminar, please don't hesitate to e-mail us at ( email@example.com ) .